Voter ID Card StatusApply for voter id card and check its status regularly to fetch it.
Documents Required For Voter Id Card
A voter ID card is a document which is important for every citizen of India as it is an identification card issued by the government for identifying the citizen’s eligibility for voting and making use of his power in a democratic country. For any citizen to vote the individual should have his name registered in the voters list. For such registration the person needs to fill up a Form 001.After the voter list registration the individual needs to fill another form 006 for getting a voter ID card. The individual also needs to submit residence proof for getting the voter ID card.
Documents which can work as proof of residence are:
- Driving License
- PAN card
- Ration Card
- Service identity card in case of State and Central Government
- Passbook issued by bank or post office
- Property document with deed and photograph.
- Pension document
- SC/ST/OBC document issued by a competent authority
- Freedom fighter identity card
- Student identity card issued by competent authority
- Railway identification card
- Arm’s License
- Certificate of Physical Handicap by Competent authority
In case the person does not have a Voter ID card the individual can carry any of these to the polling booth and cast his vote.